You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free
· “Test all things, [the Bible verses they give you as well;] hold fast what is good. Abstain from every form of evil,]” 1 Ths. 5:21.
· “Do not believe every spirit, [spiritual manifestation, or person speaking to you,] but test the spirits to see whether they are from God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world,” 1 Jn. 4:1; 1 Ths. 5:21.
· “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing… You will know them by their fruit… [their works, not by their ‘anointing,’ religious speech, clothes, or anything else,]” Mt. 7:15-18.
· “For false christs and prophets will rise and show great [but false] signs and wonders to deceive even [true believers if they do not remain obedient to the truth of Scripture…]” Mt. 24:24-27.
· “Now the Spirit expressly says that in the latter times [many] will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons…” 1 Tim. 4:1-5.
To their own, and especially to the detriment of their victims, teachers, pastors/ministers/priests, and prophets from all denominations or divisions of Christianity twist, abuse, and misinterpret these commandments of Jesus. So-called ‘expert deliverers’ and the not-so-experts alike, ignore Jesus’ clear Scriptural instructions concerning all things concerning the body of Christ, because they believe His ‘old fashioned methods,’ (the will and work of the Holy Spirit, and the contextual truth of His Word,) are not enough anymore. They are actually saying, what Jesus commanded and the way the Holy Spirit works do not really produce results — and do not manifest results that are ‘spectacular’ enough. Biblical obedience and the entire truth of God’s Word do not glorify the ‘deliverer’ like their ‘impressive showmanship’ and false spiritual manifestations do. Therefore, real obedience to God’s Word will not make these ‘deliverers’ famous and rich enough.
That is why most types of ‘expert deliverers’ resort to hypes like dangling Roman Catholic crosses fixed to rosaries, (as the infamous Bob Larson in the photo at the top of this page does,) shouting hysterically, and throwing frantic tantrums to scare the living daylights out of unsuspecting victims, while demons are secretly laughing themselves into stitches.
Apart from ‘slaying’ or killing their victims ‘in the spirit’ so that their ‘holy spirit’ and ‘personal angels’ can ‘do their work,’ they resort to kicking, violently shaking, and even abusing a Bible to forcibly hit demons out of believers!
Among the many other atrocious things they commit against God and His blood-bought souls, is to even ‘do operations’ by supposedly commanding an angel, [only God Himself can command His holy angels,] to remove the top of their victims’ skulls so that God can allegedly ‘extract’ demons ‘from their strongholds in the victims’ brains,’ and then, they command their personal ‘angel’ to ‘sow it all together again.’
However, the true Holy Spirit of the Bible is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient, and does not need occult tricks and showmanship, or familiar spirits who pretend to be holy angels, to do His work.
And so, Jesus commanded, “Nor by might, or by power, but by My Spirit...” Zech. 4:6.
In complete disobedience to the Word of God and the True Holy Spirit of the Bible, these ‘deliverers’ follow “every wind of doctrine.”
As if personal faith in Jesus, the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit, His blood-covenant, and the truth of God’s Word cannot, and do not set believers completely free, they compel people to speak in tongues, (as if the signs and gifts of the Spirit can do what Jesus Himself is incapable of doing) — even if their ‘patients’ are able to repeat only one or two strange words, which can never be the flowing, free gift of tongues from the true Holy Spirit, which He Alone gives as He wills, (1 Cor. 12:11.)
We may ask, Why are they able to lead so many people astray; doing more harm to Jesus’ blood-bought souls than one can ever imagine? Because they compel believers to be so disobedient to Jesus’ protective commandments in His Word, they deceive them to such an extent that that they pull them into the occult, not into the true Kingdom of God!
It is so important to realize that believers “are destroyed through a lack [of true, Scriptural] knowledge,” because they do not know they must never submit to self-assumed, false spiritual authority, (Hos. 4:6; 1 Ths. 5:21; 1 Jn. 4:1-4.)
JESUS MINISTERED PRIMARILY TO HIS OLD TESTAMENT/COVENANT NATION, THE OLD HEBREWS, AS HE HAD NOT GONE TO THE CROSS YET AND THEY WERE STILL UNDER THE OLD TESTAMENT COVENANT OF THE LAW
· It seems to be a little known fact, but Jesus ministered primarily to His own Hebrew nation, as they were still under the physical Old Testament, physical temple covenant of the Law. (He came to His own, the Hebrew nation first, Jn. 1:11.) At that stage, He had not gone to the cross yet. During the entire Old Testament dispensation, the Holy Spirit ‘came upon’ Hebrew people, but never indwelt them. The Hebrews rejected Him as their Savior and Redeemer, and after Jesus had risen from the dead, a remarkable, unchangeable turn in the spiritual history of all humanity occurred. Jesus completely annulled the physical Old Testament Covenant with the physical Hebrew nation, destroying their physical Old Testament temple and everything else that pertained to the covenant of that physical dispensation, (Heb. 7:11-28; 8:7-13; 9:11-15; 9:16-28; 10:1-18.)
· Jesus was the Only Complete and Eternal sacrifice, Who paid in full, once and forever, for all the transgressions ever committed against God’s Moral Law of Love, to bring every sincerely believing disciple into a completely different, spiritual, everlasting, New Testament Covenant under an entirely New Dispensation, (Col. 2:8-15.)
· At His ascension, Jesus commissioned His disciples to make disciples from all the nations, not just from among believing Hebrews. He commanded them to do this by preaching His Spiritual Kingdom, (His New Covenant Gospel,) to all who would personally choose to accept Him. Thus, being spiritually born again into His Kingdom, every sincere disciple of Jesus lives spiritually as a completely saved, redeemed, and blessed child of God — which was impossible during Jesus ministry to the Old Hebrews before the cross, (Mt. 28:19-20; Jn. 1:12-13; 3:3-5; Gal. 4:6; 1 Cor. 3:16-17; 6:15-20.)
· The Holy Spirit did not indwell the Old Hebrews under the Old Testament covenant, but only came ‘upon’ them to do wonders like the works, which Old Testament Elijah did. This was so because Jesus’ complete atonement in their place was not fulfilled yet.
· Only at Pentecost, after Jesus’ ascension, did the Holy Spirit come once and for all to indwell all Jesus’ born again believers throughout all the ages. Jesus Himself promised that He will be with us and in us, “even to the end of this world,” (Mt. 28:20; Acts chapter 2.)
· As a spiritual temple of the indwelling Holy Spirit, every sincere disciple already has the full “anointing of the Holy Spirit, which [continually] abides in you,” (1 Jn. 2:20, 27.) Therefore, every sincere believer can manifest the particular Scriptural gifts of the Holy Spirit, which the Spirit entrusted to him or her — but only as the Holy Spirit Himself “wills” and leads according to His own will, (read 1 Cor. 12 Chapters 11, 12 and14.)
· It will always remain a certainty that God has not, and will never change His Word, His New Testament Covenant in particular, or the powerful spiritual gifts and supernatural work of the Holy Spirit for anyone. It is the great lie of spiritually dead religious systems such as Calvinism, (the Dutch Reformed churches,) and most other Spirit-less churches, that God’s gifts and Holy Spirit work “were only for the ‘early church.’” They concocted this lie because they might confess the existence of the Holy Spirit in theory, but they deny Him, Who is God Himself, in practice; rejecting His Scriptural gifts and miraculous works. One may honestly ask: How can they say that they believe in Jesus while rejecting the Holy Spirit, as the Holy Spirit is the God of the Bible Himself?
· Because believing disciples will continue Jesus’ miraculous works on a global scale, they will have complete power over Satan and all his demons, (or spiritual serpents,) and even poison that might affect them physically, (Mark 16:15-20.) Acts 28:1-10 is perfect proof of the indwelling Holy Spirit’s gifts under the New Testament blood covenant of Jesus Christ, as described in Mark 16:15-18. Shipwrecked on the island of Malta and under the protection of the natives there, Paul was bitten by a snake, which he simply shrugged off without any ill effects. “When he did not swell up or suddenly fall down dead… they thought that he was a god… [Furthermore,] Paul prayed over and laid hands on [one of the leaders’ father, who] lay sick of fever and dysentery, and God healed the man. So the rest of those who had diseases also came and were healed.”
ONLY ONE SCRIPTURAL ACCOUNT OF CASTING OUT A DEMON AFTER JESUS’ ASCENSION, AND THAT WAS FROM AN UNBELIEVER!
It is to their own disadvantage that ‘deliverance ministries’ twist and confuse the two different Testaments or Covenants of the Bible, and add to, and subtract from the Truth of Scripture as they please to justify their abuse of God, His Word, and the blood-bought body of Christ. They confuse Jesus’ ministry to the Old Hebrews before His resurrection with His ministry to Holy-Spirit indwelt disciples.
Because all true believers, after Jesus’ ascension, live under His New Testament Covenant and with the constant indwelling of the Holy Spirit, the only Scriptural account I could find of casting out a demon in the Book of Acts and in the epistles of the apostles, was in Acts 16:18, where Paul delivered an unbeliever from demonic possession, (or as it is now called, ‘demonic oppression.’) After enduring days of demonic harassment from an unbelieving slave girl and clearly out of bare necessity, Paul, greatly annoyed, silenced this fortune-teller by casting out her demon of divination.
Note that Paul did not wear special religious clothes, or used a crucifix or any other strange “iconic” thing to cast out this demon from an unbeliever. He simply turned and calmly said, “I command you in the Name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.” Immediately, the demon left her. No gimmicks; no Roman Catholic collar, Shofar, crucifix, ‘holy’ water, showmanship; shouting; falling over; twisting of Scripture, or any other religious trick. This was just the unassuming work of the calm, assured, almighty Holy Spirit, Who indwelt Paul. In the same way, Paul and all the other disciples, through the Holy Spirit, healed many believers from sicknesses, and manifested orderly, as “God is not the author of confusion,” the Holy Spirit’s gifts of tongues, interpretation of tongues in the assemblies, true prophecy, words of wisdom, words of knowledge, supernatural faith to do miracles, and the discernment of spirits for the purpose of ministering to the needs of the body of Christ, (1 Cor. 14:26-39.)
· The only other Scriptural account of an attempt to cast out demons after Jesus’ ascension, was from unbelieving Jewish exorcists, not believers, who coveted the power of the Holy Spirit within Jesus’ disciples. However, when they tried to cast out demons “by the Jesus Whom Paul preaches,” the spirit answered, “Jesus I know, and I have heard of Paul; but who are you?” And the possessed man jumped on these unbelieving Jews… and they fled naked and wounded,” (Acts 19:13-16.)
After Jesus’ ascension, no Scriptural account of casting out a demon from personally born again believers exists! Nevertheless, because Jesus’ spiritual gifts, (among these, the power to cast out demons,) remain sureties, Paul and the other apostles’ epistles stand on the continuous, supernatural ministrations of the indwelling Holy Spirit.
UNDER JESUS’ NEW COVENANT, GOD ALWAYS CALLS HARASSMENT “TRIALS,” “PERSECUTION” AND “OPPRESSION,” AND OUR STRUGGLE WITH SIN “THE LUST OF THE FLESH”
The “flesh” is our own human needs and desires, most of which, like hunger, are completely natural and necessary. However, under the agitation of the devil, uncontrolled appetites of all sorts can lead and push us to sin, as soon as we choose to obey Satan. God will never ‘tempt us to sin.’ He is the all-good God, “in Whom there is no darkness or a shadow of turning.” Demons are bad agents who tempt us to sin, but this does not give us an excuse to sin. If we could blame the devil for our sin, God could never judge all unrepentant sin, (Mt. 7:21-24; 2 Cor. 5:10.) James explained in Jam. 1:13-18, “Each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed… Do not be d3evied… every good and perfect gift is from… the Father of lights… Of His own will, He brought us forth... [past tense in the lives of all true believers.]” This is so, because true believers belong completely to Jesus’ Spiritual Kingdom of Light, and Satan has no other weapons to use against us.
Gal. 3:10-14, “Christ has [past tense, fully] redeemed us from the curse of the law, [Deut. Chapter 28,) having become a curse for us… that the [full state of] blessing of Abraham might come upon the [believing] Gentiles in Christ Jesus…” Eph. 1:7, “In Him we [already] have [complete] redemption through His blood; the forgiveness of sin, according to the riches of His grace.”
· In fact, once we are personally born again in Christ, we have all of this in full. We are actually complete, (that is complete,) in Christ, (Col. 2:8-15.) Jesus did not save us partially, or redeemed and blessed us to a degree. We are complete in Christ.
· No one can live in His Kingdom of Light if one is not completely redeemed, or totally made free, (lifted out or called out of) one’s former position in the kingdom of darkness, (1 Pet. 2:9-10.) Peter explained our complete freedom in Christ as “knowing that you were not [fully] redeemed [or set free] with corruptible things like silver or gold… but with the precious blood of Christ…” (1 Pt. 1:13-19.)
· As a result, in Romans 8 and throughout Scripture, Paul explained away all so-called ‘demonic habitation,’ or as ‘deliverers’ call it, “demonic oppression,” as “the flesh.” The ‘flesh’ is simply all natural need and desire, which can tempt us to sin by accepting lies as truth, bad as good, and darkness as light — which is exactly what Adam and Eve did in the Garden. This is so because ‘the flesh’ is our own will, pride, selfishness, sinful survival or self-protection, and everything else that pertains to the ‘self.’ This is one of the greatest problems with religion: it pleases “the self” or “the flesh” in ways that quiet the Voice of the indwelling Holy Spirit, Who calls us to ‘crucify the flesh’ to obey God’s Moral Law of Love. Often, we even have to defy natural fear in the power of the Holy Spirit to do His will. To entice us to sin against God will and do our own will, Satan continually messes, or tries to mess, with everyone's mind. Hence, our actual “battle is for the mind.” The one who controls our minds, (or actually our beliefs and thoughts,) controls us. And so, it is the “lust of the selfish flesh,” which allows the dreadful sin of deception that keeps us in bondage to the evil one.
· It is our own spiritual blindness, or our acceptance of “deception,” which erects demonic ‘strongholds,’ or false beliefs in our ‘minds;’ twisting our thought patterns to perceive lies as truth. That is why Jesus warned, “If you abide [cling to, hold on to, seek and search for] My Word, [which is the only truth and way to spiritual and emotional freedom,] you are My disciples indeed. And [then] you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free.” There is no other way to counteract lies and deception, than through understanding, believing, accepting, and obeying the whole truth. Only truth can defeat lies. This relates to God’s entire Truth in His Word, but Jesus’ principle of complete freedom from lies, (seeking the truth,) really pertains to all lies and deception in this world.
· Hence, we are called “not to walk according to the lusts of the flesh, but according to the Spirit… For those who live according to the lusts of the flesh set their thoughts on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death, [as it has the power to entice us back into the religious kingdom of darkness with its sinful lusts and life-destroying deception,] but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.”
· Because the carnal mind (or sinful thoughts) is enmity against God, “it does not submit itself to the [New Covenant, Moral] law of God… But if the Spirit lives in you [through your personal rebirth,] you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit. Now if anyone does not have the [constant, indwelling Holy Spirit,] that person is not His” – and all sincerely and personally born again believers do have the indwelling Holy Spirit! A temple of the Holy Spirit can never be empty. The Spirit completely and continually occupies each of His holy, saved, redeemed or delivered, living temples: the sincerely born again believer-disciples of Jesus Christ.
ROMAN CATHOLIC EXORCISM
Centuries before informal Pentecostal/Charismatic ‘Deliverance Ministries’ appeared on the scene in the 1920s, the Roman Catholic Church was ‘delivering’ troubled members of their church from demon possession through the [saving] church rite of exorcism, or the casting out of demons. It seems, the influence of demon possession (which Evangelicals call “oppression”) has always been widespread in the lives of Christians from all denominations. It ranges from insanity, to strange illnesses; erratic, illogical and violent behaviour, multiple personalities, hearing voices, hysteria, uncontrollable rage, strange and harmful spiritual manifestations, being tormented by seen or unseen entities, ‘bad luck’ in finances, marriage, and other relationships, and so forth. In the ‘Mother’ Roman Catholic Church, only ordained priests could, and can carry out exorcisms after an investigation into the case proves the necessity of exorcism, if the possessed person has medical evidence that proves the problem is not mental illness, and once it is authorized by a higher authority such as a bishop of the Roman church. Exorcism mostly consists of strict adherence to prescribed ritual, reciting prescribed passages, and by confronting the possessed person with a good supply of ‘holy’ water and a substantial crucifix – all adding to the Name of Jesus and the power of the Roman Catholic ‘holy’ spirit, which is actually their so-called ‘Mother’ Mary, not the God of the Bible.
Apart from formal church sanction on this church ritual, the faith of the ordained priest and not the demon-possessed person, determines the outcome of this long and intricate process. The possessed person, often bound to a bed, has absolutely no role to play, other than to squirm, scream, wriggle, bear teeth, spit, hiss, and whatever the demons might do to fight the onslaught of the ‘mighty’ Roman Catholic crucifix. The priest then has to endure the full length of this demonic battle, because if he fails in casting out the demons, he believes they will turn on him personally.
Once an exorcism is allegedly “successful,” the so-called “delivered” person feels relieved, clean, forgiven, and allegedly “born again” - just as in some Protestant cases of “deliverance.” Because almost none of these methods are Scriptural and therefore, cannot be true deliverance from real demons, this phenomenon (the ‘miraculous outcome,’) is known as auto-suggestion and/or the placebo effect. [“The Placebo Effect is a phenomenon in which a placebo - a fake treatment, where something like sugar or vinegar can sometimes improve a patient's condition simply because the person has the expectation that it will be helpful.”
Auto-suggestion is “a technique used to program the mind for ‘the reality’ of a suggested happening, while it is in fact a deception.” Because of these effects, Catholics view exorcism as “sacramental” in the “mother” church. Contrary to the truth of Scripture, it provides an alternative means of “salvation,” “redemption,” and “holiness,” devoid of personal faith, confession of and repentance from transgressions of God’s Moral Law.
THE ‘EXPERTS’ AND WHAT THEY COMMIT IN THE NAME OF JESUS
So, you think you need ''deliverance'' through some so-called ‘hyper-anointed false expert?’ Think again. Think Jesus. Think the truth of His Word. Think believing, accepting, and obeying the Truth of His Word as the eternal Rock on which you eternally stand. Paul clearly stated that we “did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, [that we are in bondage while, by really accepting Christ, we are living inside His Kingdom of Liberty,] but you received he Spirit of adoption by Whom we cry out, Abba, Father...” “The Spirit Himself bears witness with our human spirit that we are the [saved, redeemed, blessed] children of God, and if children, then heirs [who freely inherited all of God’s grace] if indeed we suffer with Him, [as and where God may call us to stand for truth,] that we may also be glorified together [at the return of our Lord Jesus Christ.]”
A few of people believe the Scriptural truth that all believers have the authority to cast out demons, but most say only ‘the experts’ should tamper with demons in such a ‘great spiritual warfare.’ [Just like the Roman Catholic Church teaches.] That’s why pastors as well as ‘ordinary’ believers call on ‘specialist,’ officially ordained reverends, bishops, [there is no such thing as a reverend or bishop in the true body of Christ, it is a fake, official ‘church post,’ slipped into Scripture by Roman Catholic translators of the Bible and other ‘important, schooled deliverers,’ who now teach that Christians “cannot have demons in their spirits because the Holy Spirit lives there, though they can have demons in their brains, due to inner emotional wounds, sexual abuse, or ritual abuse. This is usually known as partial possession or demonic infestation, as opposed to outside demonic oppression, which does not reside in any of the three parts of a person: body, soul, spirit.”
In spite of all the protective commandments of God, in absolute disobedience to the Word and Spirit, most ‘deliverance’ ministries are totally radical in their attacks on possessed (or so-called ‘oppressed’) believers, which they call “spiritual warfare.” In real occult fashion and contrary to all God’s Scriptural commandments on self-control, they “slay [kill] the person in the spirit,” and the person collapses into a helpless, empty-minded, trance-like state just as in the occult; dangerously surrendering his or her God-given free will to the ‘deliverer’ and his or her demons while they ‘pray’ over him. It is not uncommon that such ‘patients’ lay incapacitated on the floor for hours while supposedly ‘communing with God’ while ‘the holy spirit and his angels’ allegedly do ‘a miraculous deliverance’ on that person,’ on ‘levels’ that proved too much or too deep for the ‘deliverers.’
I can honestly say through personal experience and knowledge of God’s Word: what these ‘experts’ do during ‘deliverance,’ is bone-chilling recklessness against God, His contextual True Word, and gullible believers.
Cicministry.org wrote, “Consider [Roman Catholic Jesuit] Bob Larson’s description of his ministry to a person in bondage. The person had numerous “alters” (multiple personalities) as well as demonic bondage. This person with “dissociative identity disorder” [pure psychology lingo and completely foreign to Scripture,] had a demon called “Gatekeeper” who kept letting demons back in after they had [supposedly] been cast out. Larson describes the causes of such disorders and how he learned to speak to different identities within a person. He was dealing with a person who had alternate personalities called “Facilitator” and “Regulator.” Larson theorized that in this person demons could possess an “alter.” Larson explains: In the realm of multiple personalities, there are good alters and bad alters. Good alters are the part of the person’s consciousness that has acknowledged Christ as Savior. Bad, alters, for one reason or another, refuse to make that spiritual surrender. This complex situation leads to the following action for the spiritual technician: “Our task is to sort through the maze to gain the assistance of the good alters. Then we can attempt to win the bad alters to God.” Larson proceeded to have the alternate personality within his client help him identify the “dark ones” and went through an incredibly complex task of sorting out the demons and “alters” within this person.
“He even leads [the demon] “Facilitator” to Christ. Larson uncovers hidden memories, legal ground that the demons had, [through sin,] and the names of obscure demons. This is one prayer he used to help the victim find freedom: “I command that angels of God search out and torment the spirit of pain. I bind Pain to Regulator the demon, and command that both of them experience all the torment they’ve put on Randall. I increase that torment seven times greater.”
Even people with superficial knowledge of the Scriptures can see that these practices are from the occult and great violations of God’s clear commandments. Deut. 18:10-14, “There shall not be found among you antibe who… practices witchcraft… or a medium, or a spiritist, [who calls up, and speaks to spirits to gain information from them,] or one who [pretends] to call up the dead, [because the dead knows nothing of this life anymore; these are evil spirits pretending to be human spirits; Eccl. 9:5-6.] For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord…” Scripturally and in practice, no one except God Himself, can command His holy angels. Holy angels are obedient to God Alone. Moreover, no human being has the right, authority, or power to torment anyone – especially not spiritual beings!
Apart from the fact that demons are inherent liars and deceivers, God Himself strictly forbade people to act as “mediums,” and “spiritists,” who converse with demons and invite evil spirits to use them as mouthpieces, (Jn. 8:44; Deut. 18:10-13.) Bob Larson and people like him, his ‘spiritual warfare’ team and all their affiliates are very dangerous people, assuming blasphemously God’s own authority and Supreme judgment over His creation and in particular, over holy and fallen angels.
Since the establishment of modern Pentecostalism in the early 20th century, where signs and wonders took centre stage, ‘Deliverance Ministries’ of all kinds were suddenly spawn. (They mostly experience God through their unbiblical ‘baptism in the Holy Spirit’ with the so-called ‘evidence of speaking in tongues,’ not through the truth of His Word.) ‘These ‘deliverance ministries’ differ from Catholic exorcism in that they euphemise and twist demonic possession by calling it “spiritual oppression,” because they know very well that it is Scripturally and practically impossible to belong to God and the devil at the same time. They mostly operate during church services, allegedly casting out demons from believers publically in most embarrassing and chaotic ways, making a real public spectacle of those in need of true, Holy Spirit inspired prayer, Bible truth and repentance, (Jam. 5:13-18.) However, many also commit their ‘deliverance’ destruction on unwary people in private, just like clinical physiologists do. During the later years of these ‘ministries,’ even Calvinist (Dutch Reformed) and other ministers ‘under the collar’ joined this ‘deliverance’ crusade.
“Some Deliverance Ministers also use the term "Exorcist", wear the clerical collar, that also incorporate a stole,” as seen in the photo of Bob Larson — which was first used by Roman Catholics, then by Presbyterians, and now by Baptists and Pentecostals too - which proves the unifying of all churches under the banner of their ‘mother,’ the Roman Catholic Church.
In their attempt to supposedly cast out demons from believers, some Protestant ‘deliverance ministers’ also use ‘special’ anointing oils, crucifixes, ‘holy water,’ [this water does not refer to Jesus, or to His Word, but to the Christianized, pagan water god,] as well as their physical Bibles, to