You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free
We begin at the very beginning, to know what happened to humanity, that they cannot be saved by any of their own efforts, and why they are completely reliant on finding, understanding, accepting, and following the Only Mediator between God and mankind, The Lord Jesus Christ, (Gal. 2:21; 1 Tim. 2:5-6; Heb. 1:1-2):
1. God created Adam and Eve, as His entire creation, perfectly sinless and very good, to live in the Garden in Eden: (Gen. 1:31.)
2. God created humanity in His Own Image as 3-part beings, with a) supernatural/unseen human spirits, which the Bible calls “hearts,” b) souls (or minds, with free will, intellect and emotions,) c) which live in physical bodies: 1 Ths. 5:23.
· God BLESSED them completely, (Gen. 1:28,) and gave them the responsibility to REIGN as spiritual kings over His entire creation, (verse 25.)
· Humanity had a perfect relationship with God and they could hear His voice clearly in the Garden.
3. God immediately gave humanity only two commandments:
· You have the Responsibility to Tend [look after] and Keep [protect] the Garden: Gen. 2:15. [In our modern day, “the Garden” pertains to our entire lives, as we still have the responsibility to look after and protect everything God had entrusted to us.]
· Be obedient to God. There is the tree of the knowledge of good and evil planted in the Garden, of which you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it, you will surely die: 1Gen. 2:17.)
4. Satan, in the form of a snake, deceived Adam and Eve; they disobeyed God and ate of the tree. If we choose to believe a lie, we are immediately deceived, and disobedience to God always follow deception.
5. Adam and Eve immediately fell into spiritual death, which is a state/position/place of sin without God.
6. Being transported from spiritual life into spiritual death; their relationship with God was broken, (Gen. 3:9-24.)
· God cursed His entire creation because of them and spiritually, they fell into a State/Position/Spiritual Place of sin, cursedness, and spiritual death, although they still lived physically by means of their souls, or minds: (their will, intellect, and emotions.)
· Cut off from God in a spiritual state of lostness, they could not speak to God, Who is Spirit, but hid from Him to try and do all their sinful deeds in spiritual darkness.
· God sent them away from His presence and did not speak directly to them anymore.
The Bible is divided into two Testaments, Covenants, and Dispensations for the following reason:
THE OLD TESTAMENT DISPENSATION, OR OLD COVENANT:
Because God did not speak directly to fallen humanity anymore after the fall in the Garden, during the Old Testament Dispensation, He chose from all the nations of the earth, only the Old Hebrew nation to be His physical nation on earth.
· From this nation, He called prophets like Moses and Elijah to speak through them to the Hebrew nation. (Heb. 1:1-2.)
· Everything under the Old Testament Covenant was physical: a physical priesthood, a physical temple, physical blood and other sacrifices, and physical ceremonial or ritual laws, to keep everything in the physical temple, and to tend to the physical and spiritual needs of this physical nation, the Old Hebrews.
THE NEW TESTAMENT DISPENSATION, OR NEW COVENANT:
· Because God, Who is Spirit, SO loved all of humanity, (John 3:16,) He wanted fallen humanity to again have the sinless, blessed relationship, which they forfeited in the Garden, (Heb. 1:1-2.) He does not want humanity to worship Him in outward religious structures like temples, with outward religious rituals or ceremonies, as during the Old Testament dispensation, (Acts 7:48; 17:24.) God desires that each of us, (as Adam and Eve did in the Garden before the fall,) worship Him through and in own human spirit, or “spiritual heart,” (which died in the Garden,) and in the Truth of His Word, (John 4:21-24.)
· So, God, to reconcile humanity to Him, gave, as a completely Free Gift to all humanity, His only begotten Son Jesus as The Ultimate and Final Sacrifice, to pay the entire price in full for our salvation, redemption, (complete spiritual freedom,) salvation, and blessing. This last, complete, and eternal Sacrifice fulfilled all the requirements of the Old Testament Law for us and in our place, once and for all, (Mt. 5:17.) So, we, simply by believing in Jesus, and by accepting Him and all He has done for us, can stand before God in a new relationship as if we have never sinned, (Heb. 1:1-2.)
· The means that Jesus, in the place of all humanity, through His perfect obedience to the entire Old Testament Covenant of the Law, (which no other human being will ever achieve,) became the sinless Lamb, (or the most acceptable, ultimate and only sacrifice of God,) which could buy back the spiritual state/position, or place of salvation, redemption and blessedness, which Adam and Eve lost in the Garden: (Gal. 3:10-14.)
· Therefore, as sin entered the world through one disobedient man, (the first Adam,) so eternal spiritual life or salvation, a position of blessedness, and complete redemption (or complete spiritual freedom,) are available for humanity through the total obedience of the Second Adam, (Jesus,) Who bought back our relationship and spiritual place or position in God with His own life, (Mat. 5:17; Rom. 5:14-15.)
· As a result, Jesus commanded that, because cursed humanity died spiritually in the Garden through disobedience, they have to become obedient to live, or be “born again” spiritually, to understand and receive the full and total salvation, redemption and blessedness of God in Christ, (Jn. 3:3-5.)
· Our sinful physical ‘souls’ or minds are incapable of discerning and understanding God, Who is Spirit, and the truth of His real Word in the Bible, which is ‘spirit and life.’ Therefore, one cannot join a church or believe church doctrines, do rituals, pay tithes, simply follow a church clergy, or cut yourself, starve yourself, or anything else you might do religiously to think you can be saved, redeemed, and blessed by it.
· God Himself has to take you completely OUT OF that spiritually dead place of darkness, lostness and cursedness, (Deut. Chapter 28,) which is the kingdom of darkness, to be completely born again INTO His eternal Kingdom of Salvation, Redemption and Blessedness in Christ: (1 Pet. 2:8-10; read what God said in Ex. 20:1-2!)
· Salvation, redemption (or complete freedom) and blessing make for an entirely free, spiritual position in Christ, which we personally have to occupy through a constant, growing, relationship with Jesus Christ Himself through the Truth of His entire Word, the Bible. There is NO other way to be saved, redeemed, or blessed.
What humanity must do to receive God’s Free Gift in Christ:
· We all have to understand and confess that we are lost in a cursed state/position of sin, and in complete bondage to the kingdom of darkness without Jesus Christ. Thus, as slaves of Satan and in bondage to sin, we can do absolutely nothing to save, redeem and bless ourselves: (Rom. 3:10-18.)
· We all have to understand that Jesus Christ Himself IS God, Who became a mere man, to pay IN FULL for our state of spiritual death, lostness, bondage, and cursedness, (Col. 2:8-9; Rom. 3:21-26.)
· We must understand that the Only Way to enter into the “Kingdom of God,” or the spiritual place of salvation, redemption and blessing, is through Jesus Christ Himself, and His full atonement in our place, (Jn. 14:6.)
· Then, we all have to, in obedience to Christ, personally decide to believe in Him and accept Him, and ALL He has done for us in our place, so that all the requirements of the Old Testament Law, which humanity have broken since Adam in the Garden, are fully fulfilled for us in, and through Jesus, (Jn. 1:12-13; Rom. Chapters 2-3.)
· At the moment we sincerely accept Jesus fully into our human spirits, souls or minds, bodies and entire lives, God REMOVES us spiritually from the kingdom of darkness, (with its state of lostness and cursedness), and places us completely INSIDE His Kingdom of Light, Righteousness, Eternal Life, Redemption (or freedom) and Blessedness.
· At this very moment, we become spiritually born again children of Jesus, and He instantly gives us His Holy Spirit to indwell us fully as His spiritually, holy, saved, redeemed, blessed temple until He comes to take us to heaven — should we stay at His feet, (Acts 5:32; Gal. 4:4-7; Rom. 8:9-11; 1 Cor. 3:16; 6:18.)
· Once we are truly “born again” and Spirit filled through our personal faith in, and sincere acceptance of Jesus and everything He had done for us in our place, we must then become faithful followers or disciples of Jesus, to Love and Obey Him according to His Moral Law of Love, the Only New Testament/Covenant Law He ever commanded, (Acts 5:32; Jn. 13:34; Mt. 22:37-40)
· Then, knowing we are born again follower/disciples of Christ, we also have to follow Him, according to His commandment and example, and be water baptized, (Mt. 28:19-20.) Not because water baptism ‘saves’ us or ‘add’ to our salvation, but because it is the ‘sign’ that we have died spiritually and emotionally to our old life of sin, death, and cursedness (when we are dunked or ‘buried’ under the water,) and we have risen in a new life of forgiveness, eternal life, and a state of redemption and blessedness in Christ, (when we come up out of the water.) This is the only real, Scriptural meaning and way of water baptism, which Jesus Himself illustrated and commanded, and it is only available to sincerely, personally, born again disciples of Christ.
If you believe that Jesus is the Son of God, the Savior of the whole world, and if you sincerely and personally accept Him as your God and Lord, and believe and accept everything He did for you on the cross, please pray with me:
“Holy Heavenly Father,
I come to You in the Name of Jesus Christ, Your Son. I confess that I am a sinner in need of the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. I believe and accept that He is God Himself, Who became a human being to suffer and die in my place. I believe that You raised Him from the dead; that He is seated at Your right hand, and that He will come again to take to heaven all those who truly believe in Him, and strive to follow Him in obedience to His Moral Law of Love.
Please forgive all my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. I also choose to forgive all those who have sinned against me, and ask You to help me to make right with all those I have abused, (Jam. 5:16.). Help me to obey and follow You above all else.
I now, understanding Your Real Gospel, choose Jesus, the Risen Christ, as my personal God, Lord and Savior, and invite and accept Him into my heart, (which is my own human spirit,) my soul, (which is my mind, will, and intellect,) my body, and my whole life. Please write my name in the Lamb’s Book of Life in heaven, and send Your Holy Spirit to constantly live in me until You come to take me home. I submit myself spirit, soul, and body to You Alone.
From this moment on, Jesus Christ will be my only God, Savior, Redeemer, Blessor, Apostle and High Priest, the Author and Finisher of my faith and life, and Your Holy Spirit will be my Guide, Strength, Teacher, Defender, and Comforter. Thank you that Your Holy Spirit will lead me into ALL truth. I believe that the entirety of Your Word, the Bible, is Your truth. I reject all false teaching and renounce all false religion and false belief-systems.
Thank you that I am now, by faith, part of the holy, spiritual body or bride of Christ. I am a blood-cleansed spiritual temple of Your Holy Spirit. And in the Name of Jesus Christ I take captive every thought and bring it into obedience to You Alone! Protect me under the blood-covenant of Your Son, Jesus Christ, and help me to follow Him and obey Him every moment of my life from this day forward until You come to take me to heaven.
Thank you that you always hear and answer me, just because I am Your born again child.
In Jesus Name,
BORN AGAIN DISCIPLES OF JESUS HAVE TO FOLLOW HIM CONTINUALLY IN A NEW LIFE
God created humanity as tri-part beings, consisting of a [supernatural, unseen] human spirit; a soul [or mind/consciousness, intellect and will, or a brain,] which live in a physical body, (1 Ths. 5:23.) To be a true disciple of Jesus means to closely follow the Master (Jesus Himself) by adhering attentively to all that He says and does in the full contextual truth of His Word, the Bible: Mt. 28:19. Everything we need to know about God and how to serve and love Him, is written in the full context of the Bible.
Although the rebirth of the human spirit occurs instantly, the new life in Christ, which follows the rebirth, is a process wherein the fallen soul or mind of the believer is systematically “renewed” or also “born again,” (1 Ths. 5:23; 1 Pet. 1:23; Rom. 12:1-2.)
This rational, disciplined renewal of the mind is necessary, because the believer must increasingly understand and do the will of God until the soul or mind, as the born again spirit, is under the total control of the Holy Spirit. Although God wrote all the requirements of His Royal Law of Love on the born again human spirit or heart, these commandments need to flow to the conscious level of the soul. If we do not understand God’s will, we will not be able to obey Him, and the main aim of our born again life on earth is to live a truly Scriptural, obedient life in Christ to glorify Him above all else: Heb. 8:10; 1 Jn. 2:3-6,10; 3:10.
Consequently, Paul commanded in Rom. 12:1-2: “I beg of you to make a decisive dedication of your bodies… (and of course, your minds) as a living sacrifice… which is your rational, intelligent service to God. And be not conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may know what is that… perfect will of God.”
The born again spirit was completely renewed or transformed at the moment of its rebirth. The soul, however, needs to saved or ‘born again’ through a learning-process. A process wherein we must work with the Spirit to change our bad personality-traits and sinful behaviour and habits, to conduct ourselves in a way that glorifies God: Gal. 5:16-22. To live as disciples of Christ, means to live as a spiritual temple of the Holy Spirit, systematically renewing our minds through the acquirement of real Scriptural knowledge, (and not through the philosophical, church doctrines of men), while diligently applying this knowledge to every situation in our daily lives: Col. 2:8; 2 Pet. 3:18a.
Scripture commands us to be transformed, as transformation means to willingly submit to the truth of God and the inward work of His Spirit, and to actually DO what His contextual Word commands – the only way in which the fallen soul can ever experience the rebirth in Christ, and be saved: 1 Pet. 1:9; Jn. 14:15, 21-24; Jam. 1:21-22; 2:17-20.
James wrote in 1:21-27: “So… welcome the Word which [was] implanted and rooted in your hearts [or spirits with the spiritual rebirth, and] contains the power to save your souls. Be doers of the Word and not merely listeners to it…”
This transformation, or rebirth of the soul is therefore not the same as conformation. In fact, Scripture forbids conformation, which means to submit to man-made church religion. Conformation only pertains to artificial beliefs and the legalistic, religious acts of physical churches and other religions. Although catechetic conformation might “hold a form of godliness,” it is definitely a stranger to the spiritual Kingdom and power of God: Mt. 15:6-9; Col 2:8; 2 Tim. 3:5.
To simply join a church and to be ‘converted’ by the acceptance of their [mostly unscriptural, man-made] doctrines and rituals, is to follow “the recruitments of the world” and the “tradition of men.” Hence, conversion can never bring the human spirit to experience the rebirth and conversion can never transform or save the human mind or soul.
Conversion consists of church-membership without a real relationship with Christ.
Nobody should therefore ever be ‘converted to the faith,’ but everyone must be spiritually and soulically transformed by true faith in, and obedience to Christ, as the rebirth or salvation of the soul is just as important as the rebirth of the spirit.
Therefore, all sincere believers in Christ have to follow Jesus continually through growing knowledge of His Word and in the leading of His Holy Spirit, (1 Cor. 6:17-20.)
Our websites are packed with discussions and books that can help you grow in real Scriptural knowledge and in grace. Read the all of these carefully, study the Bible verses in your own Bible, ask God to reveal to you the truth of it all, and to place you in a fellowship of sincere believers.
Stay blessed in your born again position as a true child of Christ!
LEARN ABOUT THE NEXT STEP OF OBEDIENCE IN CHRIST: Repentance and the Biblical Water Baptism of Jesus’ Sincere Disciples
How to be saved:
Understand the Complete Scriptural Gospel, and Accept and Follow Jesus