You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free
· The only hold Satan can still have on a sincerely, personally born again believer, is the deception that the person is not really or fully saved, redeemed, and blessed in Christ, (Gal. 2:20-21; 3:10-14.) Paul explained in Gal. 4:3-7, “We, when we [Hebrews] were [still God’s physical] children [under His physical temple, Old Testament covenant with the physical nation of Old Israel,] we were in bondage [to the kingdom of darkness] under the [general] elements of the world. [Hebrews only served God through the physical temple. Because Christ had not gone to Calvary yet, the Holy Spirit could not indwell them under the Old Covenant.] But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son… born under the law to [fully] redeem those who were under the [Old Testament covenant of] the law, that we might receive the [spiritual] adoption of His children. And because you are his children, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts [or human spirits,] crying out, Ábba Father!’ Therefore, you are no longer slaves but children, and if His children, then you are heirs [who freely inherited your position of salvation, redemption, and blessedness] in God through Christ.” (See Gal. 2:19-21 and the whole of Chapter 3, especially verses 10-14!]
· The saved believer, once moved FROM darkness INTO God’s Kingdom of Light regains everything Adam and Eve have lost in the Garden – except the fact that he or she is not in heaven yet, but living physically on this broken earth in a frail, physical body, (1 Jn. 5:19; 1 Cor. 15:24-28; 35-58.) Truly born again believers are no longer OF the unbelieving world, or kingdom of darkness, but while physically living here, they have become a spiritual sojourners or pilgrims in this dark dimension on earth. True believers are carrying inside them, as temples of the Holy Spirit, God’s true Kingdom of Light, serving Him in Sprit and in Truth amidst all the chaos and darkness that surround them, (Gal. 4:6-7.)
· Where exactly does the Holy Spirit live inside the true believer? Jesus saved the believer wholly and every part of you belongs to Him. “The Holy Spirit dwells [continuously] IN you [as a whole person.] If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are... Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ… and he who is joined to a harlot is one body with her… but he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him... He who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. [Sexual sin corrupts the WHOLE body, because by joining with a male or female whore, you exchange spirits, which corrupt your human spirit and your mind or soul, just as your physical body.] Or do you not know that your [WHOLE] body is the temple of the Holy Spirit Who is IN you, Whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore, glorify God in your [physical] body and in your [human] spirit, [and of course in your soul or mind,] which are God’s.” (1 Cor. 3:16-17; 6:15-20.)
· How can the teaching be true that demons can live inside your mind? If this were true, we have to seriously ask: Did our ‘souls’ or minds somehow stay behind in the kingdom of darkness when we were redeemed or completely removed from the dark kingdom of Satan, to live in a position of freedom inside the Kingdom of Light? This is how we “live [or grow spiritually] in God our Father,” according to what Peter taught, “Gird up the loins of our MIND [or your thoughts] and be SOBER… As obedient CHILDREN, do not conform yourselves to the former lusts… but as He Who called you [into His Kingdom] is holy, you also must be holy in all your conduct, [living according to the precepts of His Moral Law…] Knowing that we were not redeemed with corruptible things… but with the precious blood of Christ… Since you have purified [or began to renew your] souls [or minds,] by obeying the truth, [1 Pt. 1:13-23; read Jn. 13:34,] through The Spirit in sincere love… having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the Word of God which lives and abides forever…” [Jn. 12-14; Gal. 4:6.] Now, wrap your mind around the truth of God’s amazing Word and listen to what Paul wrote in Eph. 2:1, “You He made alive, who were dead in [a state of spiritual darkness and] trespasses and sins, in which you ONCE walked according to the course of this [dark] world, [in] the [false teachings and power] of the prince of the power of the air… among whom also we all ONCE conducted ourselves in the lusts of the flesh and of the mind... But God… made us alive… and raised us up together [with Him,] and made us sit [spiritually] in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus…” And in Col. 1:21, “You, who once, [while you were in a lost state,] were alienated and enemies IN YOUR MIND by wicked works, He has now, [through your spiritual rebirth Christ,] reconciled [with Him…] to present you holy and blameless, and above reproach in His sight…”
· The truly born again believer is a completely HOLY temple of the HOLY Spirit: a real life, blood-cleansed “saint” of Christ. His or her ‘heart’ or human spirit, which died at the fall in the Garden and which was inherited from Adam and Eve, is instantly brought to life in Christ through His spiritual rebirth of believers, (1 Ths. 5:21; Jn. 1:12-13; Gal. 4:6.)
· What then about the doctrine of ‘sanctification?’ If all real believers are so completely holy, why are we still so susceptible to sin, and fall so easily? Well, if God still has to ‘make us holy,’ after we had been Scripturally born again INTO His Kingdom of Light as His holy saints, (NOT the false Roman Catholic kind,) and if we still continue willfullyin sin, we are not really saints, are we? However, our bad behaviour or disobedience to God after salvation does not alter the Scriptural fact that God does indeed make us completely holy at the moment of salvation. Paul explained in 1 Cor. 6:9-14, “Do you not know that the unrighteous, [those who pretend to belong to Jesus while they do not obey His Moral Law,] will not inherit [freely receive as God’s own children] the Kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators… nor extortioners will INHERIT the Kingdom of God. [Those who do not live by the precepts of God’s Moral Law of Love.] And such were you, but you were [past tense!] washed [in His blood atonement when you accepted Him,] you were sanctified, [made completely holy,] you were justified, [or brought into a right standing with God through Christ, (Who completely fulfilled the entire law in your place,) as if you have never sinned...]”
· If we are not holy saints in Christ, then Jesus’ full atonement in our place was not ‘full’ at all, was it? The problem of ‘continual non-sanctification,’ or our choice to continue in sin, can never affect Jesus’ completed work in our place; it can only affect us. We ourselves, while living completely free or redeemed, saved and blessed in God’s entire Light, still have to battle the evil onslaughts of the devil, unbelieving people and other sinners, as well as our own ‘weak flesh.’ Our ‘flesh’ is mostly our physical needs and desires, which we ourselves, by accepting the enemy’s lies and deception, will lead us to sin by violating God’s will for us to live holy. “God does not tempt anyone; we are tempted when we are drawn away by our own desires and enticed [by the evil one to commit immorality, or sin against God’s Moral Law.] When desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin… [which, left unrepentant,] brings forth death,” (Jam. 1:12-15.) To live as holy saints in the Kingdom of Light is a lifelong battle, which we must actively fight to overcome the world and our own weak ‘flesh.’ For this reason, Paul also wrote in 1 Ths. 5:21, “Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely, [as you yourself actively overcome the lusts of the flesh, which wars against the indwelling Holy Spirit,] and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
WHAT ABOUT THE ‘INHERITED SIN’ AND ‘BLOODLINE CURSES’ OF OUR FOREFATHERS?
‘Deliverance experts’ insist that, even after we were completely saved, redeemed, and blessed in Christ as His personally born again children, we all are still guilty of all the atrocities of all our different forefathers; all their false beliefs, and all their satanic deeds. Therefore, they say, even true disciples of Christ have to be ‘delivered’ from the ‘generational curses,’ (and the demons that allegedly still live in ‘strongholds’ in our minds) through the ‘bloodlines’ of our forefathers.
Well, let us see if, this time, they have been telling us the truth.
· Can the children of true believers be cursed? Can believers be cursed through their unbelieving husbands or wives, and can the children of true believers remain cursed according to 'generational curses?' First, we have to remember that true believers are blessed by Jesus Himself and can never be cursed unless they sin unrepentantly, or believe and follow lies such as false doctrines, actually cursing themselves by disobeying their Holy Blessor Jesus, (Gal. 3:10-14.) Then, let us consider that none of us could choose the family, society, and nation we were born into. Still, all of us inherited, by default, the lost, cursed, sinful state or position in the kingdom of darkness, which Adam and Eve, by disobeying God, brought us into. Spiritually, a small child, before the age of accountability, wholly belongs to Jesus and will go to heaven if death comes prematurely; (Mt. 19: 13-15.) However, physically, through the unsaved spiritual state of their parents, they are still under the power of the prince of darkness, and under the lost and cursed state of their unsaved parents, (1 Cor. 15:21-22; 1 Jn. 5:19; Mt. 19:13-15; Deut. Chapter 28.) Nevertheless, look at how almighty and merciful our God really is. When a wife or husband truly accepts Jesus while the disobedient spouse refuses Him, (if the unbelieving spouse is willing to continue living with the believer and not the other way around,) they shall not divorce. Because of the believing spouses’ holy or sanctified position in the Kingdom of Christ, “the unbelieving spouse is sanctified, [made holy not saved,] by the believing spouse; otherwise their children would be unclean, but now they are holy!” (1 Cor. 7:12-16.) Yet, we have to understand that these sanctified children, once they reach the age of accountability and can understand the Gospel, become responsible for their own decision to either accept or reject Jesus.
· Did God pronounce a generational curse over all people in Ex. 20:1-6?’ In verse one, it is written as follows, “I Am the Lord your God, Who brought you OUT OF the land of Egypt, [past tense.]” In New Testament Covenant terms, this means: You were already bought out of the kingdom of darkness, that moment you accepted Christ. God already brought you “out of the house of bondage” into His Eternal Kingdom of complete liberty or redemption! (1 Pet 2:9-10.) Therefore, being completely saved, redeemed and blessed in Christ, God forbade you to continue in the ways of your forefathers. You shall never again have other gods before Him. “You shall not make for yourself a carved image of any likeness of anything [to revere or worship as a god,] bowing down to them and serving them. [For you know that He is a jealous God,] visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Him, but showing mercy to thousands; to those who love Him and keep His [New Testament] commandments.” So, are you a hater or a lover of God? You decide. If you hate God, you and your children are cursed. If not, you are all blessed.
· What about the ‘evil bloodline,’ which we have to ‘cut off?’ It will always remain a good idea to confess AL our sins to God and as far as possible, to those who were affected by it, and to ‘cut off,’ renounce, reject and remove ourselves as far as possible from ALL evil and unrepentant people; the evil of our family, religion, nation, and the whole unbelieving world. However, physically, we can never remove our ‘bloodline,’ and God certainly does not expect us to attempt any such silly thing. If we were born Asian, African, or European we will always remain what we are. We cannot, and do not become spiritual Hebrews or Messianic Jews when we accept Jesus. We do NOT have to call God by His ‘Hebrew’ Names, as we have ALL His Names in intelligible English in the New Testament, which God is utterly capable of understanding. At our personal rebirth, we immediately became spiritual children of the Highest God Himself, (Jn. 1:12-13; Gal. 4:4-7.) At the same moment when God took us out, or removed us from the kingdom of darkness. Spiritually, we were instantly placed into the body of Christ: “Members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones…” (Eph. 5:30.) To become, as the holy bride, body, and temple of Christ, “flesh of His flesh and bones of His bones,” exemplifies our completed position as holy or sanctified, redeemed children of God, who were taken out of the land of Egypt, [the kingdom of darkness,] and out of the house of bondage!” (Ex. 20:1-2.)
· Can we give the devil ‘Legal Ground’ or ‘the right’ to oppress and harm us? There is no doubt that we should never attempt to play hide and seek with the devil, or lend our ears to listen to any of his deception, lies, and especially his false church doctrines. The devil does not have ‘legal ground’ inside any true believer, who remains at the feet of Jesus. However, he is always trying to gain ‘legal ground’ in our thoughts, decisions and lives by helping us to make, and stand by the wrong choices, (Jn. 8:44.) He knows how to shoot straight and hit the target bull’s eye, prying on that particular weakness that is unique to each person, because he has studied humanity a very long time. He knows how to manipulate our thoughts if we lend our eyes and ears to him, and how to execute his assaults through those, who can really harm and even murder us spiritually, emotionally and physically. Just as importantly, he does not shoot paper claps from a toy gun, but ‘flaming arrows,’ which we can only quench through our personal faith in Jesus Christ. And when that old snake strikes, it is always with the deadly venom of temptation, trial and persecution, which we can only survive in the grace of God by standing, fully clothed in the armour of God’s integrity, on Jesus the Rock, Who is the Truth of God, (Eph. 6:10-20.) The difference between venom and poison, is that we ingest poison and it is often slow working, while just one bite from a venomous spider or snake, instantly injects death into our veins. It is time that the believers of Christ should realize that false doctrine and false religious practices of all kinds are poison and venom, which, in relatively small amounts, has the power to kill us spiritually, emotionally, and even physically. Besides all these dangerous weapons of war, Satan, who pretends to be a roaring lion, “walks about, seeking whom he may devour,” (1 Pt. 5:6-9.) Lions usually hunt in darkness. They will ambush and kill anything that does not know they are being stalked. Mostly, being opportunists, they will take those who are weak, unwary, lazy, and sleeping. That is why Peter warned, “Be sober, be vigilant, resist him, steadfast [or constantly and strong] in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your [true] brotherhood [in Christ.]”
· If the devil cannot get us as the venomous snake or the roaring lion, he will play on our physical needs and of course, our wants, turning what is natural and not sinful, (such as thirst or hunger) into lust, greed, manipulation, fraud, theft, and emotional, or even physical murder. Under temptation, many accept his deception that God’s Power, Truth, Companionship, Provision and Protection is not good enough, and they fall into all kinds of get-rich-quick schemes and other kinds of evil, which are all “foolish snares, whereby they pierce themselves with many sorrows,” (1 Tim. 6:3-12.) There is only ONE way to avoid that snare, or to get out of its grip of death, and it is NOT found by visiting ‘deliverance’ ministers of any kind: “Submit yourself wholly to God. [Then,] resist the devil – and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands [from all unrepentant, immoral sin,] and purify your hearts, you double-minded… Humble yourself in the sight of Lord, and HE will lift you up.”