You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free
· Similarly, the ‘helmet of salvation’ is not something tangible we can cover our “minds” or thoughts with; it is our personally born again, (through our personal acceptance of Christ and all He did for us,) hope of eternal life in heaven.
· If we are not prepared to preach the true Gospel as God opens doors and presents opportunities, we are standing bare feet against the wiles of the enemy, (Eph. 6:15.) Without the willingness to fulfil Jesus’ commission, we cannot go into all the world to preach the Real Gospel as, when, and how the Holy Spirit leads. Hence, we will never win any battle for our own, or for another soul.
· Girding your waist with the truth is not a physical thing we can wrap around our ‘armour.’ Living and speaking the truth of God’s Word and of everything else, keep our entire holy character in tact, (Jn. 8:44; 16:13.) The enemy’s most dangerous assault is through false dogma and all other lies and deceit. So, a disciple of Christ, (praying ‘in the Spirit’ or as the Spirit leads; fulfilling the commission to preach His True Gospel, and teaching the Truth of His Word where possible,) is at the forefront of this ongoing defensive battle for souls by telling them the whole truth.
· Also, we will never be able to use the ‘sword of the Spirit,’ (the Word of God,) against the enemy without our symbolic “shield of faith” to ‘quench all the flaming darts’ or lies against God’s Word, other people, and against us personally. It was with the truth of His Word that Jesus withstood (not attacked) Satan in the wilderness, and quenched all the flaming darts that Satan shot at Him, (Mt. 4.) Even when Jesus eventually chased Satan away by name, He used the truth of His Word against him, “Away with you, Satan! For it is written… Then the devil left Him…”
WHAT ABOUT THE ‘INHERITED SIN’ AND ‘BLOODLINE CURSES’ OF OUR FOREFATHERS?
‘Deliverance experts’ insist that, even after we were completely saved, redeemed, and blessed in Christ as His personally born again children, who live inside His spiritual Kingdom of Light and Liberty, we all are still guilty of all the atrocities of our forefathers; all their false beliefs and all their satanic deeds. Therefore, they say, even the true disciples of Christ have to be ‘delivered’ from the ‘generational curses,’ (and the demons that allegedly still live in ‘strongholds’ in our minds) through the ‘bloodlines’ of our forefathers.
Well, let us see if, this time, they are telling the truth.
· Can the children of true believers be cursed? Let us first see if believers can be cursed through their unbelieving spouses, so that their children can remain under their ‘generational curses?’ Let us remember that all true believers are blessed by Jesus Himself and can therefore never be cursed unless they sin unrepentantly, or believe and follow lies such as false doctrines, actually cursing themselves by disobeying their Holy Blessor Jesus, (Gal. 3:10-14.) Then, let us consider that none of us could choose the family, society, and nation we were born into. Still, all of us inherited, by default, the lost, cursed, sinful state or position in the kingdom of darkness, which Adam and Eve, by disobeying God, brought us into. Spiritually, a small child, before the age of accountability, belongs to Jesus and will go to heaven if death comes prematurely; (Mt. 19: 13-15.) However, physically, through the unsaved spiritual state of their parents, they are still under the power of the prince of darkness, and under the lost and cursed state of their unsaved parents, (1 Cor. 15:21-22; 1 Jn. 5:19; Mt. 19:13-15; Deut. Chapter 28.) Nevertheless, look at how almighty and merciful our God really is. When a wife or husband truly accepts Jesus while the disobedient spouse refuses Him, (if the unbelieving spouse is willing to continue living with the believer and not the other way around,) they shall not divorce. Because of the believing spouses’ holy or sanctified position in the Kingdom of Christ, “the unbelieving spouse is sanctified, [made holy not saved,] by the believing spouse; otherwise their children would be unclean, but now they are holy!” (1 Cor. 7:12-16.) Yet, we have to understand that these sanctified children, once they reach the age of accountability and can understand the Gospel, become responsible for their own decision to either accept or reject Jesus.
· Did God pronounce a generational curse over all people in Ex. 20:1-6?’ In verse one, it is written as follows, “I Am the Lord your God, Who brought you out of the land of Egypt, [past tense.]” As already stated, in New Testament Covenant terms, this means: You were already bought out of the kingdom of darkness that very moment when you accepted Christ. God already brought you “out of the house of bondage” into His Eternal Kingdom of complete spiritual liberty, (redemption,) and blessing! (1 Pet 2:9-10.) Therefore, being completely saved, redeemed and blessed in Christ, God forbade you to continue in the ways of your forefathers. You shall never again have other gods before Him. “You shall not make for yourself a carved image of any likeness of anything [to revere or worship as a god,] bowing down to them and serving them. [For you know that He is a jealous God,] visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Him, but showing mercy to thousands; to those who love Him and keep His [New Testament] commandments.” So, are you a hater or a lover of God? You decide. If you hate God, you and your children are cursed. If not, you are all blessed. If you remain faithful to His Moral Law commandments and continually repent of sin, you will remain under His blessed, redeemed state or position of eternal salvation, although we all “sometimes sin,” or miss the mark of remaining in the will of God, (1 Jn. 1:5-10.)
WHAT ABOUT THE ‘EVIL BLOODLINE,’ WHICH WE HAVE TO ‘CUT OFF?’
It will always remain a good idea to confess all our sins to God and as far as possible, to those who were affected by it, and to ‘cut off,’ renounce, reject and remove ourselves as far as possible from all evil and unrepentant people; the evil of our family, religion, nation, and the whole unbelieving world. However, physically, we can never remove our ‘bloodline,’ and God certainly does not expect us to attempt any such silly thing. If we were born Asian, African, or European we will remain what we are as long as we are alive on this side of the grave. We cannot, and do not become spiritual Hebrews or Messianic Jews when we accept Jesus. We do not have to call God by His ‘Hebrew’ Names, as we have all His Names in intelligible English in the New Testament, which God is utterly capable of understanding.
As stated in the study of freemasonry, someone told me about a “powerful deliverance prayer book” that someone wrote. This author allegedly leads ‘demon oppressed and generationally cursed Christians’ to confess and renounce every single ritual of freemasonry in detail to ‘deliver’ them and their descendants. I can only say that, if it were true that we have to confess the sins of our forefathers in such great detail to be redeemed, we were not brought entirely into the Kingdom of Light at our rebirth. For instance, if our grandmothers were prostitutes, we certainly do not have to name and describe all their filthy acts with men to be ‘delivered’ from the ‘ancestral curse’ of prostitution! [As said, our own filthy sin against ourselves and other people is another proposition.] To confess to God that our ancestors were masons and prostitutes, if that were the case, and to ask Him to cleanse us and our children from all their unrighteousness according to the full atonement of Jesus, is enough! According to the contextual truth of God’s Word, it seems that such elaborate confessions were compiled by sensation seekers. If you were a mason or Satanist and participated in human and animal sacrifice, confessing such things in detail to God is necessary. However, if your family committed such attrocities, you might fall under the spell of sensation seekers to think that God is not almighty and does not know everything. To renounce and reject all promises concerning you and your descendants, and all rituals and spirits that pertained to it, is quite sufficient in the light of God’s true Word.
At our personal rebirth, we immediately became spiritual children of the Highest God Himself, (Jn. 1:12-13; Gal. 4:4-7.) At the same moment when God took us out, He removed us from all the cursedness of the kingdom of darkness. Spiritually, we were instantly placed into the body of Christ: “Members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones…” (Eph. 5:30.) To become, as the holy bride, body, and temple of Christ, “flesh of His flesh and bones of His bones,” exemplifies our completed position as holy or sanctified, redeemed children of God, who were taken out of the land of Egypt, [the kingdom of darkness,] and out of the house of bondage!” (Ex. 20:1-2.)
· Can we give the devil ‘Legal Ground’ or ‘the right’ to oppress and harm us? There is no doubt that we should never attempt to play hide and seek with the devil, or lend our ears to listen to any of his deception, lies, and especially his false church doctrines. The devil does not have any ‘legal ground’ inside any true believer, who remains at the feet of Jesus. However, he is always trying to gain ‘legal ground’ in our thoughts, decisions and lives by helping us to make, and stand by the wrong choices, (Jn. 8:44.) He knows how to shoot straight and hit the target bull’s eye; prying on that particular weakness that is unique to each of us, because he has studied humanity a very long time. He knows how to manipulate our thoughts if we lend our eyes and ears to him, and how to execute his assaults through those, who can really harm and even murder us spiritually, emotionally and physically. Just as importantly, the enemy does not shoot paper claps from a toy gun, but ‘flaming arrows,’ which we can only quench through our personal faith in Jesus Christ in the truth of God’s Word. And when that old snake strikes, it is always with the deadly venom of temptation, trial and persecution, which we can only survive in the grace of God by standing, fully clothed in the armour of God’s integrity, on Jesus the Rock, Who is the Truth of God, (Eph. 6:10-20.) The difference between venom and poison, is that we ingest poison and it is often slow working, while just one bite from a venomous snake instantly injects death into our veins. It is time that the believers of Christ should realize that false doctrine and false religious practices of all kinds are poison and venom, which, in relatively small amounts, has the power to kill us spiritually, emotionally, and even physically. Besides all these dangerous weapons of war, Satan, who pretends to be a roaring lion, “walks about, seeking whom he may devour,” (1 Pt. 5:6-9.) Lions usually hunt in darkness. They will ambush and kill anything that does not know they are being stalked. Mostly, being opportunists, they will take those who are weak, unwary, lazy, and sleeping. That is why Peter warned, “Be sober, be vigilant; resist him steadfast [or constantly and strong] in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your [true] brotherhood [in Christ.]”
· If the devil cannot get us as the venomous snake or the roaring lion, he will play on our physical needs and of course, our wants, turning what is natural and not sinful, (such as thirst or hunger) into lust, greed, manipulation, fraud, theft, and emotional, or even physical murder. Under temptation many accept his deception, that God’s Power, Truth, Companionship, Provision and Protection is not good enough, and they fall into all kinds of get-rich-quick schemes and other kinds of evil, which are all “foolish snares, whereby they pierce themselves with many sorrows,” (1 Tim. 6:3-12.)
· There is only ONE way to avoid that snare, or to get out of its death grip, and it is not found by visiting ‘deliverance’ ministers of any kind: “Submit yourself wholly to God. [Then,] resist the devil – and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands [from all unrepentant, immoral sin,] and purify your hearts, you double-minded… Humble yourself in the sight of Lord, and He will lift you up.”